What is tracks n treads
Tracks and Treads is 2 races, choose one of the following:
- an off road biathlon that consists of a 3.8 mile trail run followed by
an 8.5 mile mountain bike ride on single track trails on the campus of SIUE.
- a 3.8 mile trail race on rugged single track trails.
- The race is scheduled for Saturday, April 5th, 2014.
- Mass start at 9:00 am.
- Packet pickup and race day registration begins at 7:45 am.
- Race begins at parking lot E on campus of SIU Edwardsville.
- Overall male and female, age group awards 3 deep in 10 year age groups.
- All riders must wear an ANSI standard helmet.
- No wimps, no whiners.
- Custom Camelbak Podium Chill water bottle.
The run course is a fun and challenging 3.8 miles in length. The first .75 miles is on paved bike trail. The next 2.75 miles is on single track trail with a total of 350 feet of total elevation gain, and it ends with about a 1/2 mile back to the start on paved bike trail.