TRACKS N TREADS 2015 cancelled!
The club was denied a permit to use the trails at SIU Edwardsville and has decided to cancel the event for 2015. No decision at this time about resuming it in future years.
What is tracks n treads
Tracks and Treads is 2 races, choose one of the following:
- an off road biathlon that consists of a 3.8 mile trail run followed by
an 8.5 mile mountain bike ride on single track trails on the campus of SIUE.
- a 3.8 mile trail race on rugged single track trails.
- The race is scheduled for Saturday, March 28th, 2015.
- Mass start at 9:00 am.
- Packet pickup and race day registration begins at 7:45 am.
- Race begins at parking lot E on campus of SIU Edwardsville.
- Coming soon
- Overall male and female, age group awards 3 deep in 10 year age groups.
- All riders must wear an ANSI standard helmet.
- No wimps, no whiners.
- Short sleeve tech shirt.
The run course is a fun and challenging 3.8 miles in length. The first .75 miles is on paved bike trail. The next 2.75 miles is on single track trail with a total of 350 feet of total elevation gain, and it ends with about a 1/2 mile back to the start on paved bike trail.